- Considering a simpler problem
- Controlling for variables
- Direct reasoning
- Generic reasoning
- Guessing and checking
- Indirect reasoning
- Inductive reasoning
- Proportional reasoning
- Reasoning by analogy
- Reasoning by cases
- Reasoning by contradiction
- Reasoning by upper and lower bounds
- Recognizing a pattern
- Recognizing an isomorphism
- Recognizing equivalence
- Recursive reasoning
- Referencing a previous problem
- Full Record A full-record search will find items in the bibliographic record.
- Full Text A full-text search will find items in both the bibliographic record and the full text.
- Category/Genre A Category/Genre search will find items that belong to the category you type in as your search. For instance, type in "book chapters" and select Category/Genre from the pulldown menu to find all the chapters in books or monographs within the collection.
- Boolean search A search for "dog" or "cat" will find items containing "dog", or documents containing "cat", whereas a search for "dog" and "cat" will find items containing both "dog" and "cat." Mixed Boolean searches such as "Jane and Doe or John" or "Jane or Doe and John" are not supported.
- Truncation Supports right-truncated queries. The query term "car*" finds all documents containing the word "car", "cars", or "carpet", or any other word that starts with the prefix "car."
- Phrase searching For phrase searching, use double quotes. For example, "with liberty and justice for all".
- Date searching Enter a four digit year. Supports wildcards e.g. 195* for the 1950s.
The teacher educator, working with pre-service and in-service teachers, can:
- Influence teacher beliefs on how students effectively learn and understand mathematics concepts.
- Illustrate how videos can enhance the preparation of mathematics educators.
- Use the RUAnalytic tool to share video excerpts and annotations in your courses.
Join the VMC Community!
You can create analytics to:
- identify and study effective teaching practices and examples of student reasoning
- use in college courses or teacher training sessions
I began my forty-year career in education as a middle school math teacher. When I briefly took time to stay home and raise my children, I co-authored two math workbooks for McGraw Hill and taught developmental math and math education courses to undergraduate and graduate students at Rutgers University.